Russian brides dating site offering profiles of single Russian women
  Home     Russian Brides Top 100     Online Now     Search     Forum     Live Video Chat     Success Stories     About  

Travel, Dating & Relationships Forum - Loversplanet.com
» Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others*

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Question on travel in Russia
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:33 pm 

LP Profile
I have a question and I hope someone has traveled to this location. I'm planning a tripto Samara Russia. I have flight information and working on Visa. However before I get Visa I must get a letter. Now this is my question I was told by a Russian friend here to get an appartment for my stay and I even have contact now with a person who will rent me an appartment while on my visit. But when I read the application for visa it say I can arrange letter from most hotels?What if you are not staying in a hotel and not booking through a tour? can anyone tell me how to get this letter?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Question on travel in Russia
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:55 pm 

LP Profile
MIke,

Can't the girl send you an invitation for VISA support? In any case, I found this site that will do this for you for $30.00. Anyone ever do this?.. any better suggestions?
http://www.waytorussia.net/Travel/VisaSupport.html

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:28 pm 

LP Profile
Most people would do a simple google search, follow the first link ("http://www.russianvisa.org/"), and read the FAQ.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:46 pm 

LP Profile
rogerm222

That is the exact same information as the link I gave. The cost is also the same, $30.00. That must be the way to go unless someone has different information.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:45 am 

LP Profile
I'm happy thats what most people would do but I was asking for ideas of what some people have done. Not what some web site suggest. Not alot of first hand experiance here I think. well except those who have traveled to the Ukraine.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:36 pm 

LP Profile
sorry Mike can't help, I travel now on a multiple entry buisness visa, many years ago I traveled on a Transit Visa which allowed entering another country via/russia...there was a time frame upon entering and leaving, honestly can't remember all the details...I have been told invitation to Ukraine is not required, but personally I don't know...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:39 pm 

LP Profile
For Ukraine you don't need make visa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:38 pm 

LP Profile
Yes I have traveled to the Ukraine and it was very easy but there are so many web sites and such about travel to Russian that it leaves me a bit confussed. Thank you eveyone for your insights.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:31 pm 

LP Profile
Ya know Mike, there IS a facebook page where people discuss... the way to Russia, you may be able to pick up more info there.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:44 pm 

LP Profile
Thanks Scotty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:48 pm 

LP Profile
I have used one of those visa support websites. It is the most convenient. I've stayed at hotels, and it takes them several days to get you the letter. You can have your girl get you the letter, but it requires her to go to some local government office (OVIR), and then mail you the letter. OR, as I have done on multiple times, you simply pay one of these agencies to send you a visa support letter within 24 hours for like $20-30.

It is basically a scam run by Rus government, if you want my humble opinion. If you go to the Russian embassy website, they actually have links to couple of these agencies that send you visa support letters. These agencies must be registered with the government. What is funny is that the visa support letter will essentially state that you will be staying at some fake hotel for the length of your visa. It sounds suspicious, but it's how it works. I have done it about 6 times now.

Also, important to remember... upon arrival, you have 3 days to "register" your visa. If you are not staying at hotel, then you must go to the local OVIR. usually, it's straightforward process of paying some fee and getting a stamp. It is a pain, but if you do not register, you will open yourself up to police bribing if police ever notice that you have not registered.

Hope my info was helpful.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:50 pm 

LP Profile
Very Helpful.... thank you

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:08 pm 

LP Profile
maur wrote:
If you are not staying at hotel, then you must go to the local OVIR.

Things change. That is no longer the correct process. Your apartment landlord must do it now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:02 pm 

LP Profile
If you want to read something that will make you think, read the US State departments recommendations about travel to Russia: http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1006.html

You sure you don't want to meet the girl in Ukraine MIke? By the time you pay for the VISA ( $250.00 fast process), plus $30.00 for the letter.. you could fly her over. Aeroflot would fly her for $250.00 ! (St. Pete to Kiev)

Here is what the Russia embassy says:

4. A standard tourist confirmation from a hosting authorized Russian travel agency or a hotel, registered with the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and a voucher from your hotel or travel agency in Russia

found here: http://www.russianembassy.org/CONSULAT/TOUR-VIS.HTM

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:15 am 

LP Profile
Mike, sorry I can't help you with this question - we don't need in Ukraine to make letters for visa.
I asked girls what do they know about - You see to make you a letter really requires from the girl to do great efforts such as to go to some local government office (OVIR) and spend there a lot of time (if she works this is a problem).... hmmmm and I am sure money :cry: ... Much easier to use agencies that send you visa support letters - at the end you whould find out that the money spent are the same but with out headache.
Have a nice trip. We shall cross fingers ;)